Saturday, June 27, 2009

July Club coming soon....

Here we are again at the end of a month. It's time to start my planning for my July Scrapbook Class coming up on July 17th -- the THIRD Friday this month.

We just took our youngest son to the Mt Hood Railroad to go for a ride on a coach with a life size Thomas the Tank Engine pulling them! We took one of his friends with us and they had an absolute BLAST! My son has not stopped talking about it and this was a week ago now.

My son is a HUGE Thomas fan (and Lightning McQueen) so we were very excited to get tickets to share this day with him. We told him about it the night before and he could not fall asleep -- at 10:30 I was still hearing him sing the Thomas Tune and saying how much he LOVES THOMAS!

Back to club....our next layout in the IMAGINE Layout Sketch book by Jeanette Lynton is MONOLOGUE. Selecting which pictures to use is always the part that takes the longest for me in preparing Club Layouts. Since we had such a memorable, busy day I couldn't wait to print the pictures and get them onto pages for my kiddo to relive and enjoy! I went with those photos to select my papers for Club.

I bought a CHEAPO Thomas Stamp at the event and random stamped Thomas to make my own B&T (background and texture paper).
I stamped Thomas onto Dutch Blue Cardstock, used Cranberry Cardstock to Accent and laid it all out onto Black Cardstock.

Here is the bare bones layout -- before adding photos and accessories -- that we'll be cutting out together at our next club.

Nothing is glued into place yet -- I tend to like to pull it apart and rearrange from the basic guide provided in the sketch book. So I just snapped a quick photo of the basic layout.

I'm nearly done with this page layout, I'll get them posted some time next week. Let's just say the general layout is the same but I've added a lot of elements to this one -- stamping, accessories, colored cardstocks! I'm really anxious to share it with you! Now if our schedules would just slow up enough for me to get it finished.....

Happy Scrappin, Stampin or Scrampin!
Kristie

No comments: