Thursday, March 5, 2009

March Scrapbooking Class

My March Scrapbooking Class is coming up on March 13. We will be meeting up at Inde-scrap-able in Sandy again. Guests are welcome to join us -- I just need a RSVP as seating is limited.

This month's layout format is coming from IMAGINE a CTMH publication by Jeanette Lynton.
We are on page 47, MINUET.

SUPPLIES LIST:
2 - 12x12 base pages (where you see the Moonstruck - dark blue on my samples is the BASE page)
1 - 12x12 patterned paper (2 strips near the sides of the layouts)
1 - 12x12 cardstock (this is where I used Topiary - green)
2 - 12x12 cardstocks same color (I used Dutch Blue - light blue - 2nd cardstock sheet ONLY uses a 5x5 square).

As is always the case -- be sure to also bring the following:

12" Paper Trimmer
ADHESIVE
Pencil for labeling pieces

Here is my layout before adding photos following the instructions exactly.

Here is my layout after adding my photos and title. I actually did not add embellishments to this aside from the Chipboard Letters for my title.



HOW TO CREATE THIS LOOK:

I used STARDUST Paper Pack. I added Dutch Blue Textured Cardstock and Topiary Textured Cardstock. The pack comes with the topiary but not the dutch blue. I also added touches of Cranberry Cardstock.

I used the CTMH Sanding Block and Edge Distresser and the My Legacy Writers for my "journaling" notes.

For the title,
I first used chipboard letters by CTMH -- Dimensional Classic Alphabet. I held the white chipboard letters in my hand and gently brushed my Dutch Blue ink pad across the letters. I cut Cranberry Cardstock slightly smaller then the chipboard and adhered it to the backs. The M is one of CTMH's chipboard Monogram letters.

I cut small rectangles from scrap photo pieces I had and stamped C A P E and H O U S E on those pieces and matted them on Cranberry as well.

I chose to add red accents to the Stardust Paper Pack because this lighthouse has a Fresnal Lens. A little lighthouse history for you... It is an eight-sided lens with 4 primary lenses and 4 bull's-eye lenses with red panels covering the bull's-eye lenses. The lens made one revolution every 4 minutes. It produced about 30 seconds of fixed white light from the primary lens followed by a red flash of 5 seconds from the bull's-eye lens once every minute. This was the signature of the Cape Meares Lighthouse.

No comments: